This time of year (meaning, natch, the end) is the time of year when everybody makes lists. To-do lists, to-buy lists, to-give lists, lists of who's been naughty and who's been nice. And of course, the many lists of books, rounding up the year's best and most giftable.
I'm tickled to see Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love turn up on a few very nice end-of-year lists — check it out:
- The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Guide Book to Gift Books is a great annotated list of top 2006 titles for all ages, and recommends Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love for middle-school readers grade 6–9.
- The ParentCenter Family Entertainment Guide puts Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love on its Gift List: Books for Teens
- The great MotherReader blog places Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love on its MotherReader Suggests list for 14 year olds.
- The fantabulous E. Lockhart offers Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love as one of her gift suggestions for teens. Thanks, E! (Have the rest of you read The Boy Book yet, by the way? What a fun and wonderful book, the perfect followup to The Boyfriend List.)
- And, as noted a few posts ago, Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love makes the kidlitosphere's Top Picks of 2006 list.
Kittens will be out in paperback in July, by the way — just in time for that August beach holiday you've been thinking about lately!
wishing a merry, happy and festive season to all,